BBVA acts as sole financial advisor of Abertis and leads the financing of the privatization of the Cadí and Vallvidrera Tunnels'December 28, 2012
Corporate Finance and Project Finance Deal Announcement
- Abertis and BTG Pactual completed today the acquisition of the operating agreement for Cadí and Vallvidrera Tunnels, privatized by the Generalitat de Catalonia for a period of 25 years
- The agreed fee amounts to 430 million euros, of which 310 million have been made effective today at the signing of the operation
- The award of the concession, announced on December 5, was subject to the closing of the financing before December 31
BBVA acts as sole financial advisor of Abertis and has led the financing of the transaction whereby the consortium of infrastructure management company and Brazilian bank BTG Pactual completed today the acquisition of the operating agreement of Cadí and Vallvidrera Tunnels, privatized by the Generalitat of Catalonia, for a period of 25 years.
With the signing of the Financing transaction, today was completed the concession for a period of 25 years for the operation of tunnels of Cadí and Vallvidrera. These assets represent the main connection between the central region of Catalonia and the Pyrenees (Cadi Tunnel) as well as between Barcelona and major inland cities (Túnels Vallvidrera). The two concessions, total 41 kilometers, including 10 kilometers of tunnels.
The consortium was awarded the concession on 5 December, after months of bidding. Closing the financing before December 31, 2012 was a necessary condition to close the deal. Therefore it has been necessary the creation of a concession company and the funding of the fee by the consortium and the banks financing the operation.
The concessionaire will have to Abertis as a minority partner with 35%, but it will be the company acting as operation and maintenance of assets as an industrial partner. The remaining 65% will be held by BTG Pactual.
The fee agreed with the Government amounted to 430 million euros, of which 310 million euros were paid at closing of the transaction.
BBVA Cororate Finance has acted as financial advisor of Abertis and BBVA Project Finance as advisor and Mandated Lead Arranger of the financing, which was signed by 4 additional banks.
CIB Communications & Brand
Tel. +34 91 374 33 30
For more financial information about BBVA visit:
For more BBVA news visit: http://press.bbva.com/