Solactive BBVA Resource Scarcity Index
The unmatched level of human development and prosperity achieved in the last few decades has run parallel to the overuse and erosion of natural resources. Today, these valuables appear more critical than ever to the needs of a global society increasingly concerned with the effects of the rapid population growth and climate change.
In this context, some firms are actively gearing their business to ensure the flow of these natural assets and to promote the maximum efficiency of their uses.
Solactive BBVA Resource Scarcity Index selects the companies harnessing nature’s most unscattered riches; easing water and food supply, improving forestry and mineral harvesting, managing urban physical space and providing the energy of tomorrow.
- Long-only Equity thematic investment strategy focused on resource scarcity
- Leading companies in 5 subindustries:
- Food and Forest
- Metals and Rare Elements
- Urban Physical Space
- Companies ranked based on x-trend and single trend value drivers
- Applies liquidity and diversification filters
- Excessive leverage filter (NDF/EBITDA)
- Modified market cap weighting tilted by Resource Scarcity revenue exposure
- Available version specially crafted for investors who prefer a hedged version in Mexican Peso and require constituents to be listed in the Sistema Internacional de Cotizaciones (SIC)
The financial instrument is not sponsored, promoted, sold or supported in any other manner by Solactive AG nor does Solactive AG offer any express or implicit guarantee or assurance either with regard to the results of using the Index and/or Index trade mark or the Index Price at any time or in any other respect. The Index is calculated and published by Solactive AG. Solactive AG uses its best efforts to ensure that the index is calculated correctly. Irrespective of its obligations towards the Issuer, Solactive AG has no obligation to point out errors in the Index to third parties including but not limited to investors and/or financial intermediaries of the financial instrument. Neither publication of the Index by Solactive AG nor the licensing of the Index or Index trade mark for the purpose of use in connection with the financial instrument constitutes a recommendation by Solactive AG to invest capital in said financial instrument nor does it in any way represent an assurance or opinion of Solactive AG with regard to any investment in this financial instrument.