Investment banking solutions
Expert analytics and years of networking allows BBVA CIB to establish robust investment-banking structures to channel the liquidity of private equity and infrastructure funds (financial sponsors) towards corporate clients seeking to optimize their capital. The focus is on offering innovative sustainable finance solutions to clients so they can take up opportunities at all stages of their value chain.
BBVA CIB is a worldwide benchmark for excellence in underwriting, structuring and distributing lending facilities for corporate clients. The bank tailors deals to cover the complete business value chain that lending feeds into.
A dedicated global network of specialists develop flexible financial solutions to suit every client’s needs, sharing knowledge of the different markets to ensure that sustainability and good governance are present throughout the whole financing process..
BBVA CIB’s’ lending products have a long track record. Clients can choose from a wide range of solutions for all needs:
- Term loans: specific amounts with a forward-looking repayment schedule and a floating interest rate to finance identified business needs.
- Acquisition financing: capital for the purpose of buying another business.
- Revolving credit facilities: facilities with a full flexibility to manage changes in funding requirements, so clients can draw down and repay as often as required within an overall loan limit within an agreed term, without worrying about early repayment fees or having to reapply.
- Bridge loans: loans supporting take-outs via bonds, equity and asset sales.
We want to be a partner to our clients to whom they can entrust their ambitions and dreams.. BBVA CIB’s excellent market position is due to our international experience in structuring projects and our deep knowledge of local markets and clients. Our specialized team has won numerous accolades for project finance in our strategic markets.
BBVA CIB is a major provider of structured-finance products: originating, structuring and executing financing solutions for corporate clients and institutional investors.
A complete range of flexible solutions with limited recourse or non-recourse to shareholders satisfies the varied needs of the companies doing business worldwide. Experts help structure different solutions that include:
- Project finance: global expertise in environment, energy and infrastructure project financing, customizing solutions for strategic large-scale projects.
- Specialized lending: financing a wide range of assets, such as real-estate (hotels, shopping malls, offices, industrial warehouses, etc.) and telecommunications projects (satellites, mobile telephony, cable, communications networks) and supporting project design.
- Structured trade finance: instruments to match buyers and suppliers’ credit profiles, construction of pre-export finance and arrangement of technical guarantees.
BBVA CIB provides debt-financing solutions to corporates and private-equity firms.
Non-investment-grade corporates have access to a fully integrated leveraged finance platform to cover their diverse needs, exploiting the full power of BBVA technology and expertise in originating, structuring, underwriting and executing deals. BBVA analyzes each case into the smallest detail to be able to understand which solution is most sustainable for each case: a leveraged buyout (LBO), corporate leveraged finance or perhaps access to high-yield capital markets.
BBVA helps leading companies in a wide range of sectors such as industry, infrastructure, manufacturing, commerce, leisure and retail services. Each sector requires a different approach. Some generate a stable cash flow but with a selective scope, while others require high leverage to prime their business model.
Leveraged finance is a solution well worth considering for profiles such as:
- Mid-market business with a proven track record and attractive fundamentals.
- Company considering purchasing an external business or group of assets.
- Business which needs increased capital for organic growth (for building or adding capacity, enhancing existing infrastructure or funding for new business opportunities).
- Company needing to raise financing for succession planning or to monetize a portion of the holdings of the existing management team or owners Business owned by a private-equity firm
BBVA CIB provides comprehensive bespoke advisory and financial solutions to corporate clients, investment funds, institutional and public-sector entities. The bank applies a data-driven approach, combining product specialists with experts in specific sectors, while always focusing on long term relationships.
Committed to sustainability, ESG advisory builds up a strategic dialogue on sustainability and sustainable finance, customized to the particular situation of each client, taking advantage of BBVA’s strong analytical capabilities in peer benchmarking, and expert knowledge of best practices, challenges, opportunities and key drivers in each industry.
BBVA’s debt advisory services include financial advice on mergers and acquisitions, capital increases, debt issuance and how these can be brought together within customized financing solutions:
A successful merger, acquisition or divestment requires a trusted advisor to work alongside key decision makers. By definition, every deal is different, but BBVA’s proven track record of successfully executed transactions from various sectors enables its experts to provide clients with vital insights needed..
BBVA CIB covers the full range of client segments, from large international companies to middle markets within its core geographical footprint, offering services such as mergers and acquisitions, asset disposals, strategic partnering, fund raising, privatizations, sourcing well-grounded fairness opinions and valuation reports for takeover bids and ensuring maximum visibility of the significant details feeding into deals even while still in the making.
BBVA’s advisory services are end-to-end, with the depth required by each client. It is vital to have a clear overview of the deals, and at the same time, be able to drill down into the details at any moment. Through the bank’s powerful analytical technology, our M&A experts can help the clients with:
- Analyzing and evaluating strategic and financial options.
- Screening the market.
- Assessing acquisition candidates or buyers.
- Organizing, managing and coordinating the deal.
- Drafting the transaction documents and financial models.
- Dutiful due diligence.
A good strategy can help companies to maximize their value for sale, while also helping purchasers avoid pitfalls in important acquisitions.
-Equity Capital Markets
Companies need to be able to gain easy access to capital markets to run their businesses efficiently. BBVA is committed to placing its strong equity capital markets capabilities, credibility and experience in the hands of the clients so they can better analyze and structure different alternatives in the market. BBVA’s tailor-made solutions focus on correct evaluation of companies over chosen time horizons, whether for IPOs, rights issues, follow-on offerings, block trades, dividend payment mechanisms or buybacks.
BBVA CIB’s experts provide market intelligence, organize transactions, structure equity offerings and to improve valuation, as well as advise on:
- Distribution of new stock.
- Equity private placements.
BBVA CIB’s rating advisory team provides independent, customized analysis and advice on a wide range of debt-related topics such as debt capacity, acquisition finance, financial strategy and capital structure.
Clients can choose how to manage their rating, taking advantage of BBVA’s know-how to ensure they optimize their situation over time:
- Ratings estimates for non-rated companies, applying agency methodologies for different sectors.
- Proactive management of relationships with rating agencies. Appointment of an advisor can consolidate companies’ links with rating agencies to ensure fair evaluation and correct disclosure.
- Sensitivity analysis to flag the robustness of forecasts to variations in key drivers.
- Management of expectations, ensuring agencies’ approach and adjustments are fair and consistent with those used for the rest of the sector.
- Peer-group benchmarking, to assess which rated companies have the most comparable profiles.
-Project finance advisory
Clients need to tap broad-ranging expertise if they are to find the most efficient sources for financing large infrastructure and energy projects. BBVA CIB experts can help them understand the full range of options available: from traditional bank lending to more innovative solutions such as project bonds, institutional-investor funding or hybrid structures.
Based on BBVA’s knowledge of the clients and the markets where they operate, the bank advises government authorities and large institutions on how best to structure concession tenders and PPPs.
BBVA provides advisory services and strong data analytics for structuring debt extensions, covenants amendments, refinancing strategies, arbitrage and P&L optimization to Investment Grade & High-Yield corporates, financials and sovereign sector issuers.
-Fixed Income Capital Solutions
BBVA CIB global team provides customized fixed income capital solutions to corporates and financial institutions. These solutions include hybrid bonds, contingent convertibles, AT1, Tier 2 and securitizations and allow clients to ensure their capital structure is robust at all times with the flexibility required by each client.
It is important to have a fully integrated global syndicate platform to successfully arrange, underwrite and distribute debt financings within an optimal time frame. A one-stop shop for loans enables clients to pick a pricing range leveraged on data-driven assessments of market risk. And once decisions have been made on the structure. BBVA’s strong technological and market capabilities provide clients with:
- Capacity to attract underwriting from all over the world
- Market know-how to link issuers and investors across a global network, to distribute debt in primary and secondary markets worldwide
- Trading capabilities to provide liquidity to institutional and other clients through BBVA’s market making expertise
Corporates, financial institutions and public sector clients need informed advice and accurate data analytics to raise debt for acquisitions, refinance or restructure their existing debt or pursue other financial and business goals.
Fixed-income markets can be a way of diversifying funding sources when intelligently tapped for low-risk capital. Investors looking for investment opportunities effectively lend to companies in exchange for their debt securities. BBVA’s strong data capacities and investor relations help clients to optimize their financing in line with their chosen time horizons and debt profiles.
BBVA works closely with clients to arrange, structure, execute and syndicate transactions, and through different vehicles provides them access to a global pool of investors from Europe, USA, Mexico, South America and Asia.
BBVA’s products and services include customized financial solutions for individual client needs covering:
- Bond issuance
- Hybrid capital and convertibles
- Private placements
- Ratings advisory
- Liability management
- Debt restructuring