Debt advisory services
BBVA CIB provides comprehensive bespoke advisory and financial solutions to corporate clients, investment funds, institutional and public-sector entities. The bank applies a data-driven approach, combining product specialists with experts in specific sectors, while always focusing on long term relationships.
BBVA’s advisory services include financial advice on mergers and acquisitions, capital increases, debt issuance and how these can be brought together within customized financing solutions.
A successful merger, acquisition or divestment requires a trusted advisor to work alongside key decision makers. By definition, every deal is different, but BBVA’s proven track record of successfully executed transactions from various sectors enables its experts to provide clients with vital insights needed.
BBVA CIB covers the full range of client segments, from large international companies to middle markets within its core geographical footprint, offering services such as mergers and acquisitions, companies and asset disposals, strategic partnering, fund raising, privatizations, sourcing well-grounded fairness opinions and valuation reports for takeover bids and ensuring maximum visibility of the significant details feeding into deals even while still in the making.
BBVA’s advisory services are end-to-end, with the depth required by each client. It is vital to have a clear overview of the deals, and at the same time, be able to drill down into the details at any moment. Through the bank’s powerful analytical technology, our M&A experts can help the clients with:
Analyzing and evaluating strategic and financial options.
Screening the market.
- Assessing acquisition candidates or buyers.
- Organizing, managing and coordinating the deal.
- Drafting the transaction documents and financial models.
- Dutiful due diligence.
- A good strategy can help companies to maximize their value for sale, while also helping purchasers avoid pitfalls in important acquisitions.
Equity Capital Markets
In ECM at BBVA, we offer our capabilities to advise and execute the best Equity Capital Market solutions for our clients through IPOs, Rights Issues, ABBs, Convertible Bonds and Scrip Dividends.
BBVA has a reliable, committed and fully aligned ECM Advisory team, offering corporate clients honest, clear and unbiased advice.
In January 2021, in the pursuit of reinforcing our capabilities for primary market transactions and be a relevant advisor to our clients, BBVA entered into a strategic alliance, for Spain and Portugal, with ODDO BHF one of Europe’s leading brokerage platforms, which covers over 500 listed companies and has access to a wide global base c. 750 of institutional investors
BBVA is a trusted relationship partner strategically aligned with its corporate clients interests, fully committing its strong experience in the execution of Spanish Equity Deals in combination with our strategic partner ODDO BHF unbeatable Research franchise and opinion-leading distribution platform, which includes credible Pan-European equity dialogue and local Spanish expertise.
Committed to sustainability, ESG advisory builds up a strategic dialogue on sustainability and sustainable finance, customized to the particular situation of each client, taking advantage of BBVA’s strong analytical capabilities in peer benchmarking, and expert knowledge of best practices, challenges, opportunities and key drivers in each industry.
BBVA CIB’s rating advisory team provides independent, customized analysis and advice on a wide range of debt-related topics such as debt capacity, acquisition finance, financial strategy and capital structure.
Clients can choose how to manage their rating, taking advantage of BBVA’s know-how to ensure they optimize their situation over time:
- Ratings estimates for non-rated companies, applying agency methodologies for different sectors.
- Rating impact of different scenarios for rated companies, including but not limited to: debt capacity, changes in dividend policy, leveraged recaps, debt distribution across different group entities, specific aquisition or disposals, or purchase of minority stakes by an investor
- Proactive management of relationships with rating agencies. Appointment of an advisor can consolidate companies’ links with rating agencies to ensure fair evaluation and correct disclosure, ensuring agencies’ approach and adjustments are fair and consistent with those used for the rest of the sector.
- Capital structure advisory in M&A, corporate restructurings, recapitalizations, or IPO situations.Our team provides debt advisory services such as: debt capacity, acquisition finance analysis, financial strategy and capital structure strategic advice to corporates, among others.
Project Finance advisory
Clients need to tap broad-ranging expertise if they are to find the most efficient sources for financing large infrastructure and energy projects.
Based on BBVA’s knowledge, we advise corporates and financial sponsors on the most efficient sources of financing for each of their projects, from bank lending to innovative solutions such as project bonds, institutional investors funding or hybrid structures. In addition, we offer Governments and other authorities advice on the structure of concessions and PPPs to ensure a proper reception by the financial community
The financial advisory may include:
- Review of the project including: i) assessment of the business plan & regulatory issues and ii) feasibility & risk analysis
- Strategy & Structuring with: i) financial modeling and valuation, ii) capital structure & debt capacity definition with funding strategy, debt advisory as well as equity /debt raising.
BBVA provides advisory services and strong data analytics for structuring debt extensions, covenants, amendments, refinancing strategies, arbitrage and P&L optimization to Investment Grade & High-Yield corporates, financials and sovereign sector issuers.
Fixed income capital solutions
BBVA CIB global team provides customized fixed income capital solutions to corporates and financial institutions. These solutions include hybrid bonds, contingent convertibles, AT1, Tier 2 and securitizations and allow clients to ensure their capital structure is robust at all times with the flexibility required by each client.
BBVA helps leading companies in a wide range of sectors such as industry, infrastructure, manufacturing, commerce, leisure and retail services. Each sector requires a different approach. Some generate a stable cash flow but with a selective scope, while others require high leverage to prime their business model.
Clients' trust is our greatest award